Actualmente en los locales del claustro de San Francisco está funcionando la biblioteca de Villa de Leyva.
A finales de 2014 se terminó de restaurar la iglesia de San Francisco, tesoro de la arquitectura colonial. Ahora es sede de presentaciones culturales y eventos que se realizan esporádicamente.
San Francisco Cloister was founded by the Franciscans in 1614. From 1821 it was abandoned until in 1829 it was occupied by the San Juan de Dios and Monserrate hospitals. In 1875 in the cloister premises the Agricultural Institute was founded and five years later it worked again as a hospital. In 1999 the property returned to the municipality and today there is located the Villa de Leyva library.